<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Zucchini pizza cups

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Zucchini pizza cups


These are Zucchini pizza cups.  These cute little cups might just be the same thing that I always make for dinner, but transformed into a new shape.  If you are a reader of this blog, then you know I LOVE zucchini.

Just in a last month or so I have also made Zucchini Pizza  and Zucchini egg roll wrapper calzones.

When this idea popped into my head, I couldn't resist.

How to make Zucchini Pizza cups

1) Cut zucchini into 2 inch segments. 
2) use a melon baller to scoop out each zucchini piece, making them into cups. 
3) drizzle each cup with olive oil and some pepper. 
4) Roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. 


You should pull something that looks like these zucchini cups out of the oven.  Don't use as much olive oil as I did.  I tend to use too much.

5) Prepare your pizza toppings.  

My pizza toppings of choice almost ALWAYS include Italian sausage, as I am ( part) Italian and from the Chicago area.  Italian sausage is part of my family's culture.

I sautéed the Italian sausage and added the zucchini that I had scooped from the cups.  I don't like to waste food.

When cooking with Italian Sausage REMEMBER TO DRAIN the sausage after cooking.  This makes your dish much less greasy and cuts out some of the fat. 


6) Assemble your pizza cups.  Place your toppings in the cups, sprinkle with cheese and bake just until the cheese is melted. 




7) Serve with pizza sauce on the side and enjoy!

I will be making these again!  Roasting the zucchini in the oven caramelized the bottom of the zucchini cup, and it just tasted suburb! 

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At June 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Bijee said...

ThAt looks sooo yum!

 
At June 22, 2012 at 3:27 AM , Blogger Peta said...

These look delicious and nice and healthy.
I found you through the Under 300 followers linky :)

 
At June 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM , Blogger amy and jesse hudson said...

Wow, these look great! Thanks for teaching me to make these and for linking them to my Things I Learned party! They look like the perfect combo of healthy and easy!

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

 
At June 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love the idea of stuffing the zucchini that way. Looks great. Found you on Foodie Friday I'm from www.glutenfreematters.com

 
At June 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Sewing-Chick said...

Looks delicious :) I pinned this!

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Wende said...

We love zucchini at our house too and I have been making lots of dishes with it and squash. I can't wait to try this.

Thanks for sharing!

Wende
The Rickett Chronicles

 
At June 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Renegades said...

I am so gonna have to try this recipe.

 
At June 25, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Etcetorize said...

Neat idea! Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

We are getting lots of zucchini from the garden. Can't wait to try out your recipe, I bet my crew will enjoy them!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Diane Balch said...

These are the cutes little meals. I am a sausage girl too. My family were sausage manufacturers in New England. I have some relatives from Chicago but I was always advised not to get to know them. Probably connected. I am so excited about finding your blog thank you for sharing on foodie friday. Hope to see you next week.

 
At June 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

So pinning this as a healthier alternative. Thanks so much for sharing this week on BeColorful.
p

 
At July 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Good idea and healthy too! Love that you put the scooped out zucchinni in with the sausage! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

 
At July 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Carole said...

Wow, what a great idea.

I found you via Foodie Friday. Sadly I missed the deadline for linking in. Have a great week.

 
At July 2, 2012 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Christine said...

What a FABULOUS recipe! Very original!

Thank you so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream to Reality! :)

 
At August 4, 2012 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! This looks really good. I was looking for Pizza Recipes, coz I wanted to make a home-made pizza for an upcoming Birthday Party for my filipino friends, yet i found your page and it even gives me a better idea!!! gracias

 
At August 7, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger texmex said...

Delicious recipe, I addded rice in the topping, my girls ate the zucchinis even though they have been boycotting zucchinis (due to overproduction in the garden!) Thanks a lot.

 
At August 7, 2012 at 6:09 AM , Blogger texmex said...

Very good recipe and my girls loved the zucchinis (well cheese can help a lot)... Thanks

 
At August 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

These were so good! I changed things up a bit to make it fit more my taste- added bell pepper and onion (sautéed with sausage); instead of pizza sauce on the side I added a little alfredo in the cups before I added the sauté mix.

I think this is a great finger food to have out at a party. Thanks!

 
At August 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

DELICIOUS!

I added bell pepper and onion to the sausage and zucchini. I also added a little bit of alfredo sauce to the cups instead of pizza sauce on the side.

This would be a great finger food for a party. Thank you for the recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home