<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Amazing Corn Cupcakes!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Amazing Corn Cupcakes!

Last weekend was my father in law's Birthday.  I decided to make a different type of cupcake ( he really appreciates new and different recipes) . I found a recipe for " Corn Cake" on the "Taste of home" website.  So i decided to give it a try, but make them into cupcakes! This is basically a cupcake recipe with creamed corn.



Recipe is:
 * 1 can (17 ounces) cream-style corn  * 1/2 cup packed brown sugar  * 3/4 cup sugar  *3 eggs  *1 cup vegetable oil  * 1 tablespoon baking powder  * 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour * 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1 teaspoon salt  * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon * 1/2 cup raisins  * 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Caramel Frosting 
 *  4 tablespoons butter, cubed  *1/2 cup packed brown sugar  * 1/4 cup milk  *2 to 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

combine corn and sugars. Add eggs and oil; beat until well blended. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350Ā° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool thoroughly. For frosting, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Stir in confectioners' sugar until frosting is desired consistency. Frost cooled cake. 


 I like to make some little cupcakes and some big ones. Sometimes, people don't want to eat such a large cupcake. 

 My frosting turned out a little runnier then I wanted. And really, I feel that too much frosting can result in a sugar overload.  I just Swirled a little bit on each cupcake.

I topped each cupcake with a kernel of corn ( frozen corn I defrosted) . I thought it was cute...but the next day, it did not look so cute ( so just keep that in mind)



Hope you like these! adding creamed corn to cupcakes made them very moist!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home