<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Guest room chalkboard

Monday, March 12, 2012

Guest room chalkboard


Now that I live almost 5 hours from my family, having a nice guest room is important to me.  I want my family to want to come visit and feel like they are welcome in my home whenever they like. 

A few weeks ago, prior to painting my dining room table with chalkboard paint.  I made a " Guest room chalkboard". 

I happend to have a frame with no glass.  The glass broke during our move to Iowa.  I painted the cardboard that came with the frame with chalkboard paint.  Drawing on the chalkboard painted cardboard still works great!

The reason why I came up with a " Guest room chalkboard" is because there are always things I always mean to tell guests, but may not get around to telling them. 

As a guest in someone else's home, it is always nice to know where towels are etc.  Its always a little awkward to ask " Uh Can I take a shower?"

Hope you get inspired:)



Pin It

Labels:

5 Comments:

At March 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Great idea! I'm kind of hoping that one day I'll live in a house that has a guest room (or at least one where I can kick the kids out for a weekend :)

 
At March 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

Now Why did I not think of this?
I've had 4 different sets of
family come stay with me this
past year and your chalkboard
idea is wonderful.... you bet
I'll get one soon...
thanks for sharing
Sandy

 
At March 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so sweet and so welcoming to guests! Love the idea

 
At March 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger The Checkered Apple said...

LOVE this idea! Gonna go make one right now!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Ash @ HumberHomeProject said...

I'm definitely in love with this idea! We're having guests stay with us a few times leading up to our September wedding - so this will be perfect. Totally buying a chalkboard on my next shopping trip! :)

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home