<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Felt Rose Ball

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Felt Rose Ball

My husband: " Your a craft blogger.  Why are our walls so bare?".

Me: " I have not really ever made wall decorations".

mmmmmmmm  ok.

So I decided to make a rose ball to give some color to our mantel.

" So...What is a rose ball?" You ask?


It is a cute little ball made up of lots of little felt roses.


How to Make a Felt Rose Ball


Supplies needed
* 4 pieces of felt
* 1 styrofoam craft ball
* hot glue gun
* scissors 


To make a rose.  Go to this felt rose tutorial on craft gossip.   ( There are so many felt rose tutorials out there, I don't want to reinvent the circle)




Make enough felt roses to completely cover the ball.  Hot glue them onto the ball as you go.  



I glued twine to my rose ball and hung it from a mirror on my mantel.  I felt like it gave my display some color.


This is my mantel.  Right now its a work in progress.  I just Modge Podged the initial to my last name.  Those black canvas's will also get some photos " Modge Podged" on them soon.  I am totally open to suggestions for this display if you have any.


I really like my Felt Rose Ball.  I have been married for 6 years.  If I knew about felt roses back in 2006, I might have used them for decorations.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At June 29, 2012 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha aha! I just love your hubby's comment.. sounds like something my hubby would say! Love it.. and of course the rose ball is gorgeous.. adds that litte pop of color to you wall!
Thanks for joining in the under 300 followers blog hop!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

 
At June 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM , Blogger lisbonlioness said...

Why don't you make another one and stick 'em both on skewers to be placed in those sweet little vases? It's so pretty you just HAVE to have another one! :)
Lovin' the mantel so far- we, too, have a mirror above ours and I really adore the extra depth it gives the room, even though it is comparatively small.
If you keep the colour scheme, I think black and white photos with just a splash of red would look amazing, to mirror your rose ball. Dunno how adept you are with photoshop, but I seem to remember that picmonkey has an option to colour just one tiny area of a photo you turned b/w. Little effort, big impact.
Can't wait to see the finished mantle, whatever you do with it!

 
At June 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Blogger amy and jesse hudson said...

Thank you for teaching me to make this rose ball! I love learning new things! Glad you found my Thursday party!

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

 
At July 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Thank you for your suggestions! I will have to change my photos of B and W!!

 
At July 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Found you via Skip to My Lou link party. I have seen these before but wasn't sure how to make them~ they look easy and yet I think they would add a classy touch to so much stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie
Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts
www.bearrabbitbear.com
It's Christmas in July @ Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts! This week, enter to win a Crafter's Prize Pack!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Love the pop of color on the mantel above the blue G -- very nice. Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home