<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Magnet Block Letters

Friday, August 31, 2012

Magnet Block Letters


My good friend Hillary's little girl is having a birthday!  Of course I needed to come up with a fun homemade gift idea!  I was going to make her a bunch of pretty hair bows.  I  went shopping at my local ' Super center' to check out the craft department, and ended up making this!

My friend Hillary has extraordinary taste! She can put the cutest outfits together and her home decor always looks amazing!! I wanted to make her daughter something extra special for her birthday.

These are your basic baby blocks that I painted and super glued a magnet to.   This can be used as decor in any children's room, and also used as a fun " learning the alphabet" activity!

DIY Magnet Block Letters!

Supplies 

Purchased at my local " Super center"

* 2 packs of baby blocks
* White board.
* 1 package of magnets

Supplies I already had at home

* Super Glue
* Hot Glue Gun
*Paint Brushes
* Paint



When I purchased these blocks, they looked like this.  But I wanted to make them look cute!


With craft paint, I painted the letters on these blocks with black paint.


Then painted the " borders" of each block with fun girl pastel colors.  ( I have a boy, so this was an activity I rarely get to do)



Using both super glue and hot glue, I glued sturdy magnets on the back of each block.  I really wanted to make sure the magnet was secure because this is for a small child.  After the glue dried, I pulled hard on each magnet to make sure it was on there tight.


I think this turned out really neat.  I am thinking that I need to make a " Boy set" for my son.  I think he would have a blast playing with something like this!


Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Nessa the Procrastinator said...

This is cute! What a fun idea. :)

 
At August 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Super cute. This is a really great idea! I would love it if you would come link this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party! I hope to see you there.

 
At September 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM , Blogger akawest said...

Wow, what adorable alphabet blocks. I would still have fun playing with them.

 
At September 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

Such a great idea!! Just posted on Craft Gossip, thanks for submitting!!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=6860

 
At September 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

Such a great idea!! Just posted on Craft Gossip, thanks for submitting!!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=6860

 
At September 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Paula said...

This is a really fun idea! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/09/riverton-housewives-round-up-31.html

 
At September 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Megan@Whimsically Homemade said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know we featuring you in our Favorite Find Fridays post tomorrow over at Whimsically Homemade. We're using one of your pictures and are linking back to you. If that's a problem let us know and we'll remove it immediately. Thanks for your great inspiration!

 
At September 24, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a great and valuable stuff for kids. Its not only a source of entertainment for them but also a learning tool. I have a lot of stuff like that in my kids' room and I like to let them spending their time with such stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home