<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Tortilla rose cups

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tortilla rose cups

I was trying to fall asleep last night, when an idea came to me. ( If you blog, then you know how that goes)


I have always loved all the felt and paper rose tutorials I have seen online.

like this one that running with glitter made at  Tulsa kids


But what about making roses out of corn tortillas?

So. This morning I decided to have a little kitchen experament while the little man was napping.

I pulled some corn tortillas out of the fridge and followed the felt rose tutorial, but with the tortilla.



I followed my Homemade tortilla chip recipe.  I salted and brushed the tortilla with conola oil.



I used kitchen shears to cut the tortilla.



I folded the tortilla into a rose.  I had to be Very careful to make sure that the the tortilla didn't tear.

 ( Just a thought, that a flour tortilla might be easier to work with)



I baked the tortilla rose in the oven at 350 degrees fairinheit for 21 minutes.  I checked it every 3-5 minutes. 

 When the rose is crispy to your satisfaction, then  it is done. 

After I took my tortilla rose out of the oven, I thought it looked like a cup.  So I put salsa into the rose. 



It was a great little breakfest!
Pin It

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

Ack! What a brilliant idea! ALthough, it looks like it would be hard to bite since it is so thick? Is it really hard? Nonetheless, so clever! :)

 
At February 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Awesome! I love it!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

OMG - this is so cool!

Would love it if you would share it with my readers and post it on my web site - www.ohmy-creative.com

Susan

 
At February 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Smita Srivastava said...

OMG its so so so so lovely !!! Jus love it .....

 
At February 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute idea!
http://hilldalehouse.wordpress.com/

 
At February 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Yummy!! Would love to serve this on a bed of eggs:)
New Follower!
~JEn @ Frazzled Five

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home