<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Homemade Tortilla Chips in 15 minutes!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips in 15 minutes!

I have always loved warm tortilla chips you can get at Mexican restaurants.  Especially when you see just a little bit of oil on them still and they are salty.  I am not sure if Mexican restaurants fry or bake their chips, but I tried this simple recipe and was able to make warm baked tortilla chips. 

I just used soft yellow tortillas, salt and olive oil. ( I am sure canola oil would be good as well).


I cut out the tortillas into triangles.


Brushed them lightly with olive oil. and salted them. ( I like mine rather salty)

I baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes ( check them every few minutes)


Wa la! Here they are! These are excellent! I may never buy bagged chips again!

Please click on " Home" to find out about our current giveaway that ends on October 31st!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Natalie Pozniak said...

That is a great idea. I think the last time that I made these I put them on a cookie sheet and they did not crisp up. I will have to try this on a pizza pan. Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Jilly said...

Those look delicious! I think I will have to try your recipe. I cook it with little difference. Added dairy milk chocolate and creams in middle after 30% baking. So delicious and testy dish.
sevgiliye hediye

 
At October 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I L.O.V.E chips & salsa! I am definitely going to try this. Thanks!

Would love for you to share at my link up!

http://threemangoseeds.blogspot.com/2011/10/3rd-motivational-monday-link-up.html

Hope to see you there!
Clydia {threemangoseeds.blogspot.com}

 
At October 26, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Lana said...

I might do this for lunch! We just recently started making our own tortillas! Now I have tons! I'm going to pin this on Pinteret for later use! Thanks for posting!

http://ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com/2011/10/easy-whole-wheat-homemade-tortillas.html

 
At October 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously fantastic! Can't wait to try this. I am OBSESSED with mexican restaurant chips.
LOVE LOVE!!

 
At October 26, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Amber @ Defrump Me said...

Oh yummy! Gonna have to try this!

 
At October 26, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Anne Maskell said...

These look awesome! They would definitely be better than store bought, especially with salsa. They wouldn't break as easily.

 
At October 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Blogger Kimberly T. said...

Yum, yum, yum!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I actually just made some last night and I love them too! I love their crunch!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Share Knowledges said...

These recipes look and sound amazing, I recently made pumpkin muffins and my family like it too much. Your recipe sounds really tasty as well! Delicious.
Industrial Building

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home