<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Play pizza restaurant in a box

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Play pizza restaurant in a box


WOW. It has been a LONG time since I have posted! My husband and I moved over labor day, and we have been spending time getting our new house around ( and getting ready for the baby, who will make his/her appearance sometime around Halloween)

Well my darling niece Audrey is turning 4 this weekend, and since I made a Homemade detective kit  present for her brother for his birthday, I wanted to make a special birthday present for her as well. 


Before this project, my sewing history was sewing a few buttons.  I have always had a phobia of sewing.  I think its because sewing machines scare me a little bit.  ( I did not use a sewing machine for this)

I looked online at felt pizza pictures. I did not follow a pattern for this.  After I got the hang of sewing these, It became easier and self explanatory.  ( I'm not a left brainer, a pattern wouldn't help me much anyway)



The toppings that I made for the Audrey's pizza are Green peppers, basil, mushrooms, onions, black olives and pepperoni. 




The peppers by far took the longest!




I also found these " restaurant checks" at Wal Mart.  I thought these would be fun to help Audrey play restaurant. 



I might of gotten a little carried away... ( my crafts often do get carried away) .  I had extra felt left over. I made breadsticks and cookies for Audrey's restrauant as well.  I also just purchased 1/2 yard of fabric for Audrey to use as a table cloth in her restaurant. 



I also made up menus. Here is a picture of the printed Menu.









I placed all the toppings into little bags, and put them into the box that I decorated.  I am going to send this in the mail.


Hopefully she will like it!! I am no longer afraid of sewing!! My mom thinks I need to try to use a " sewing machine" next!






Pin It

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At October 4, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

So adorable! I love all your details.

 
At October 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Very cute! I have the felt all waiting to make pizza... this inspires me to get cracking!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Wow, you are SOOO talented! Any kid would love this. It's like a party in a box and best of all no calories! :-) I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky from www.messforless.net

 
At October 5, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Amy said...

LOVE this!! So cute. I'm like you, love crafts but I'm not a sewing person. I just inherited a sewing machine, though, so I guess that may change.

I'm doing a meme on Tuesdays @ Tiny Blessings where I'm asking people to link up to a great gift idea... I'd love it if you'd stop by next week and link this post up! :)

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger sstone said...

I LOVE this! There is just so much you could do with this. Such a good idea! I'm gonna start scouting and saving felt.:) I'm a new follower from SYS linky.:)
everydaygameplan.net

 
At October 7, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger annies home said...

how cute great for play time

 
At October 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

that is so neat! I'm saving this to make for my niece!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is totally amazing!!! I'm going to try this for a christmas present!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

Such a fun idea :) I love it!
Stopping by from Saturday is Crafty day

 
At October 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

I just wrote in the CraftGossip post about this box that my girls would go GaGa over this, but I TOO am going GaGa over it, I love it!! I've got to get to work on this if I want to finish by Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=4836

 
At October 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Crafty Mischief said...

I love, love, love, this! I found you through Be Different, Act Normal. Thanks for the inspiration. My little girl would love this!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Cherie Burbach said...

What an adorable project! So cute! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Summerset said...

Bravo! You did a fantastic job on this!! Inspiring, too!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Summerset said...

OH OH!! I just came across this: http://smurfing-time.blogspot.com/2011/10/chef-hat-tutorial.html
and it would go perfectly with this project..... a kid sized chef hat!!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger KendasCrafts said...

that's really cute. what a fun gift!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has to be the most creative play toy I've ever seen!

 
At February 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM , Blogger SEO Harvester said...


Pizza Equipment

I need Pizza Equipment for Apple Pizza. any one can help me?

 
At March 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Love and Lollipops said...

I've seen lots of these around the net - yours is truly super!!

Georgia :)

 
At August 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha Oh Gosh! this is very cute. So adorable, we never have like this for Filipinos in the Philippines. Seriously, you are very creative!

 
At September 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Wow! I've seen a lot of felt food lately and I must say yours is the best! This pizza set is darling! Would love for you to share at the Pomp Party! http://www.createcraftlove.com/2012/09/pomp-party-35.html

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home