<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Modge Podge Concentration game!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Modge Podge Concentration game!

My Nephew Kyle is turning 1...and I wanted to make him a Homemade gift!

 I do not see him  nearly enough, so I decided to make Kyle a " Concentration game" using pictures of members of the family, so he will learn to remember us when we see him.

First. I ordered some blocks of wood with rounded corners. from the Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/sisforsupplies.  I thought these looked better then what was available in the craft stores.



I found pictures of all of Kyle's family members and "Modge Podged" Them onto the wooden squares



Kyle's "Aunt Kristen" ( me)



"Uncle Greg" ( My husband)



"Uncle Greg and Aunt Kristen" ( I used several other pictures of family members, but I really don't like to post pictures of other people without their permission)


I Modge Podged the back side of the game cards, and decorated with Puffy Paint.


I included instructions with the game.

I packed everything away in a box.


And Personalized the box for Kyle.



You should have been there when Kyle opened his gift....his reaction to all the pictures was soooo cute!! And hopefully when he learns to talk, he will know who we all are!!



Labels:

6 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea! I have heard of putting together photos for the kids to help them put faces and names together but this is a fantastic ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Ginger

Literally Inspired

found you via craftgossip.com

 
At April 29, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

Fun idea! I've been wanting to make one but wasn't sure what surface to use. Love the wood pieces.

 
At April 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Chinajo said...

Awesome!!! I think I need to try this. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea with us all.
CJ

 
At May 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cute! I need to do a version with my family - there are so many of us it would be perfect. :D

 
At September 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Shelbey said...

I'm new to your blog and I love this idea! You made it look so easy. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. :)

P.S. I've shared this project on my blog as well. I think my readers will enjoy it too!

http://adesiretoinspire.blogspot.com/2011/09/family-concentration-game.html

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Meluka said...

You are such a darling person and the kids in your life are super lucky to have you! Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home