<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: French Bathroom accessories

Sunday, February 27, 2011

French Bathroom accessories

Well! I did it! I popped my Modge Podge cherry yesterday! I had never heard of Modge Podge before I started blogging ( 2 months ago) and I decided to give it a try! Yesterday morning I went over to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies.

I purchased this tissue holder at a thrift store about a month ago for fifty cents. I have been sitting looking at it for a while now, not sure what to do with it. I figured if I mess up my Modge Podge on this, it would be of little consequence.


Picked out some paper. French looking, that would match my bathroom. ( My bathroom is painted navy blue)



I also found this French gift bag at Hobby Lobby on clearance for only a dollar! I figured I would cut pieces out to use on my project!



Here is my first bottle of Modge Podge ever!!


First I wrapped the tissue box in paper ( I made sure to follow the instructions on Modge Podge Rocks!)



then I cut out some " French decorations" from my bag found at Hobby Lobby and Glued them on too. ( It was difficult to get this material down without it curling. so I used some Krazy glue to get the edges to stick)





Here is the finished product!



I was so pleased with the outcome of this project, that i decided to make a soap dispenser too. I had purchased this at the dollar store, knowing that I wanted to make it part of m french bathroom somehow, just didn't know what I would do with it.



I used some of the leftover paper to decorate the soap dispenser.



Here is a photo of my finished products! I thought Modge Podge was really easy to work with and I will absolutely be using it again!


Labels:

5 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are great! Amazing for a beginner especially - I don't see one wrinkle. I'm so impressed, and how CUTE!!

 
At February 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger mommahobbit said...

What a great idea! :)

 
At February 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

ahhh wonderful!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Jan Messali said...

CUTE!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Adele Moune said...

This craft project absolutely ROCKS! Can't wait to try it out...and it also inspired me to do something with my collage art!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home