<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Butternut squash bruschetta!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Butternut squash bruschetta!!


 
My mother and father in law live in Iowa and grow their own organic vegetables!  We just got home from a visit with a beautiful butternut squash in hand! I wanted to do something creative with it. I made up a  fabulous recipe for Butternut squash bruschetta!!

I must say all the flavors that go in this go wonderfully together and I had to share how this is done. 

Here is How

2 cups peeled, seeded, and diced butternut squash, diced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes. 
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Pinch of black pepper
 1 head roasted garlic, cloves removed and roughly chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
10 toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon ( Turkey bacon for me)
French baguette sliced
Mixed greens
Balsamic vinegar glaze
 crumbled goat cheese ( to taste. I like goat cheese)

Mix:
Squash, brown sugar, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a bowl and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  I roast the garlic at this time as well.



Meanwhile:
Toast Walnuts. Mix the walnuts with dried cranberries, and Bacon pieces ( I only use Turkey bacon)



When the Squash and garlic are done cooking, add it to the Mixture and stir.



Meanwhile:
Cut a french baguette into slices, drizzle some olive oil, and broil in the oven.



Place some spring mix on a slice of bread. add some Butternut squash mixture. Top with goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze


I am absolutely going to make this again!! the flavors went well together. my favorite part were the hot chili flakes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home