<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Decorate a wine glass using nail polish!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Decorate a wine glass using nail polish!


My friend, and co worker gave me this idea.  I wanted to get a special wine glass for my friend, who will be celebrating her birthday!  You can buy those painted wine glasses at the store, that cost about $25.00 each.  I decided to try making my own!

I found this wine glass at the "Dollar Tree" for a dollar, and I also found this " art deco" nail polish to decorate with. I also found this nail polish at the dollar store.   I have always heard of using nail polish to decorate glass with.  This nail polish works better than other kinds, because the brush is tall and skinny. 


Since this was my first time trying this, I tried to keep the design simple.



I really liked the result. I guess we will find out for sure if this was successful for sure when I attempt to wash it. ( by hand of course)



Pin It

Labels:

9 Comments:

At July 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very creative!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Laura@everydayeasy said...

Great idea! Those glasses from the store are really expensive!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger La-Dee-da crafter said...

Wow, never heard of using nail polish. Thanks for sharing. If you like sewing patterns, I am having a giveaway on my blog.
Following you now.
ladeedacreations.com

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Awesome. Never thought of painting glass with nail polish. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your gift. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Blogger btanders said...

Very cute! I once saw one of these that said Margarita Mama. Now I can make my own instead of spending $15.00!!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Justins Mommy said...

so creative! i never thought to use nail polish! the paint markers are so pricey.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Eric said...

Wonderful job.I like your great creativity.I never heard of this kinda use of nail polish.I would like to make it.Thanks for sharing.
-plastic wine glasses

 
At October 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute idea, but how long does it last? Will it eventually chip off, or will the polish stay on the glass indefinitely?

 
At October 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute and creative project. But how long does the polish stay on the glass? Does it stay on indefinitely, or does it eventually chip off?

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home