<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Sprinkle Stencils

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sprinkle Stencils

This is a tutorial on how I repurposed a cookie cutter into a sprinkle stencil for cake decorating.  


Last weekend I made my husband a birthday cake.  Our family doesn't make big fancy cakes. We usually try to eat healthy, so we don't want lots of extra cake lying around. ( This might change, as our only child has not celebrated his first birthday yet)  I don't have many fancy cake decorating tools, so I made some up with what I had!

I made my husband a Zebra cake with white icing.  A plain white cake would be just a little too boring.  I happened to have a star sandwich cutter.  I used it as a stencil on the cake.


I sprinkled my sprinkles into the inside of the cutter.  ( When I removed the cutter, I then also sprinkled over the line in the middle)


And that is how you repurpose a cookie cutter ( or a sandwich cutter) into a sprinkle stencil!


I like my husbands simple birthday cake!  It looks cute and I didn't have to spend extra money on decorations.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At June 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Samara said...

This is actually ingenious! Definitely using it on my next cake!!

Samara (http://thesecretlifeofsamara.tumblr.com)

Visiting from Katie's Nesting Spot

 
At June 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for the tip!

 
At June 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Partycraft Secrets said...

great tip - love it! newest follower - love you to come visit me too for some more crafty fun! http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/

 
At June 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful idea! We did this for my nephew's cake in the shape of a shamrock cause his b-day is St Patty's day! Yours came out soo cute!
Thanks so much for joining in the under 300 followers blog hop.. I am your newest follower~

 
At June 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger amberbarraclough said...

love it! i have a billion cookie cutters - such a cute and easy idea for them and it works with any theme!

http://ithoughtofitsecond.blogspot.com/

 
At June 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kristen,

What a fun idea! And with all the different cookie cutters out there, the options are endless!

I followed you over from the Pity Party linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

 
At June 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Michelle Day said...

Ingenious! Love this idea and I have a TON of cookie cutters already. Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Thursday. Have a great weekend.

 
At June 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Maria said...

What a great idea to make a stencil this way, thanks for sharing this tip!!! Your cake looks beautiful! I'm sure it was delicious too!

 
At June 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Christine said...

How cute is this!!!! GREAT idea!!! What a brilliant idea!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

 
At June 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

What a great idea! I love this!!! Thanks for linking it up!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home