<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Fathers day bottle costumes

Friday, April 13, 2012

Fathers day bottle costumes


I like to plan holidays in advance.  My husbands first Fathers day is no exception.  This June will be my husbands first Fathers day and I want to make sure that its a special day for him. 

If you are a reader of my blog, you know that my husband Greg enjoys a good beer now and then. ( What can I say? We live in Iowa and are Catholic)

Why not decorate something your husband or dad REALLY wants for Fathers Day with items that they REALLY DON"T want for Fathers Day? 

Such as a Tie that says #1 dad on it!



I made these Fathers Day bottle costumes with craft foam.  Craft foam can get a little wet, and Its made of material similar to a Koozie.  I cut all these costumes out freehand  and decorated them with  3d Puff Paint. ( Which if you are a reader of this blog, you should know that I use it quite often when crafting)



I used craft twine to attach the Bottle costume onto the bottle.


What if the Fathers in your family don't drink beer?


Put them on Dad's root beer! When I was a kid we ALWAYS celebrated Fathers day by making root beer floats as a family.


These are on sale at my Etsy shop if you feel like having someone else craft for you!



Hope I have given you some Fathers day inspiration!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger ~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Cute ideas!! :) xo Holly

 
At April 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger SayNotSweetAnne said...

The idea of dressing up a bottle is so neat for Father's Day. We have a LOT of local breweries in town, and it would be neat to select some of their micro brews and pass them out to our menfolk who live far away and can't get them. Good thinking! I would love for you to link up to my debut of Sweet Sharing Mondays (new weekly party)! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday/

 
At April 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM , Blogger AsSnugAsABug said...

What a clever idea!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home