<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Guest room goodies

Friday, July 6, 2012

Guest room goodies

When a guest is staying in my home, I do think that it is important to always make them feel welcome.  I do think that it is the "little things" that make guests feel at home.  My husband and I live hours away from both of our families, and so it is important that our families feel comfortable when visiting,  and will want to visit often.

I have added a few "extras" to our guest room, similar to what a hotel might have.

Guest Room Chalkboard: ( as seen on my guest room chalkboard post) 

I hate it when I am staying at another person's house and I have to awkwardly ask " Can I take a shower?" or " Where are your towels?"  When I am spending the night at someones house, they may not always remember to tell you all these things.  This chalkboard I set up in our guest room helps people feel that They can help themselves to certain things in our home.


Guest Room Goodies: I set out a variety of helpful items for my guests in our guest room.  As you can see the towels are not perfectly matching.  These are just a few items that will be helpful to guests when they are staying at my house that they might have forgotten. I ALWAYS forget toothpaste when I spend the night at other people's homes


Water and Mints: I think that leaving bottled water in a guest room is a great idea.  In my house, we all go to bed with glasses of water every night.  Having a bottle of water in our guest room  saves our guests the awkwardness of tip toeing through our kitchen late at night when they are thirsty. 

Having some mints and maybe some candy is just an added bonus to let our guests know we appreciate that they are visiting us!

Watch out about placing mints on pillows! I once did this when my mom was visiting, and she didn't find it until about 3 AM! when it knocked her in the head!


Shampoo and body wash: Some people always pack these things on overnight trips. Others don't.  It is just nice to have these things out so  guests can help themselves.


Perhaps someday, my guest room set up will be more extravagant and have matching towels, but for now, I am happy that when someone visits, they know that I will do a little "extra" to make them feel welcome in my home.



7 Comments:

At July 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Mickymunchkin's little space said...

what a lovely idea! Pity we don't have a guest room, because if we had I would just run there and copy your idea....
Just shows, how important your guests are to you, I think it will be very much appreciated!
hugs,
mickymunchkin

 
At July 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Mande said...

I love this idea! I can't tell you how many times I've been scared to ask where things are located in the house when I've stayed places. This makes guests feel right at home :)

 
At July 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Hello there! I love this post! I found you on Whim Wednesday. I hope you have a great one.

 
At July 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Any step to make your guests feel special will be more than enough! One day you'll have those matching towels! :) We'd love it if you'd share this at our Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

 
At July 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Oh.... LOVE this!!! Love the message you leave your guests :)

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

 
At July 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Your guests will feel so welcome and comfy!

 
At July 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How sweet and thoughtful! I know that as a guest, this would really make me feel much more at home. I like the chalkboard idea especially because it lets them know what they're welcome to do during their stay. Such a lovely idea! I'd be thrilled if you would share this at my party; I think my readers would love it too!
http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/shine-on-fridays-36-and-giveaway.html

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home