<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: How to reveal a baby on the way

Saturday, March 31, 2012

How to reveal a baby on the way



Before I start I must say, NO. I am not expecting!  my son is only 5 months old, and I am not ready for another baby anytime soon.

Last year, when I was expecting my first baby, I wanted to reveal the pregnancy in a special way to our families.  I researched many ideas.  I thought it would be neat to share how my husband and I revealed our first pregnancy and share some other ideas that we considered.

1) Surprise your family with balloons!
After reading many ideas on how my husband and I would reveal our first pregnancy to our families, we decided to walk into a family meal with pink and blue balloons! We surprised his family over Easter last year, and my family the week after.  I think that balloons are so fun! I think it enhanced the excitement!

Here is a photo of my husband and my oldest  nephew about to surprise his family.


2) Give a children's book to the new grandparents, uncles and aunts.
Since my son is the first grandchild on my side of the family, I wanted to give my parents and my brothers a special book when we revealed the news! I purchased these books, and signed them from the baby.  We gave them as little gifts as we surprised my family with the balloons.



3) Use a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce!
"Prego" spaghetti sauce. get it? You can use a jar of " Prego" spaghetti sauce to reveal your pregnancy in a variety of ways.  You can decorate the Prego jar and give it to your family.  You can also post a picture of Prego spaghetti sauce on your Facebook page when you are ready to make the news " Facebook official"  I thought about useing this method to reveal my pregnancy to my family. Perhaps next time.


4) Send an Ultrasound postcard!
I didn't use this idea either.  My husband and I have good friends who had a baby girl just a few months before my son was born.  They have a very large extended family whom they are really close with.  When they reached the end of their first trimester, it was close to Valentines day. They sent an  ultrasound postcard to all their aunts and uncles! I thought it was a really cute idea!


I am sure there are plenty of other great ideas for revealing a pregnancy.  How did you reveal yours?

( Be sure to check out my other baby projects! Here!)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At April 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Elise said...

Such cute ideas! I wanted to take my parents out for dinner and give them "Grandma" and "Grandpa" coffee mugs to announce our pregnancy, but since we lived so far away at the time, we just called them as soon as we found out.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Samm Spangler said...

Cute ideas! I just might have to steal that Prego one!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How perfect! I'm announcing tomorrow!!! :D :D I was thinking about posting a pic of a ton of pregnancy related stuff: pickles, tums, tylenol, icecream, gingerale, prenatal vitamin, etc. :D

 
At April 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM , Blogger A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I love the prego sauce idea!!! so fun!!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute ideas! When we announced our second at Christmas, I found a cute ornament that was a baby and wrote on the oversized belly "Coming, August 2011"....wrapped it up and gave them as gifts to all of the grandparents. We have the best pictures of them opening the ornaments and realizing what they meant, and then being able to save the ornaments as a memory.
Shara @ Palmettos and Pigtails

 
At April 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

I love this! I have a few friends who were recently asking for good ideas on revealing pregnancy/gender of the baby! I'll be sure to point them your way. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays.

 
At April 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

a high school friend of mine announced hers on Facebook: She was 46 at the time, had two daughters in college and a string of kids on down to age 9-ish. She declared, "Everyone deserves one shocker status a year: Seven was heaven but eight will be great! We are expecting our eighth child!"

The "Likes" and comments from her friends on that post? Exceeded 100.

I personally think that the "shocker status" should be limited to once in a lifetime. :)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Amber Mae said...

We thought about taking a picture of the pregnancy test and sending it in the mail as a post card, but we were so excited we couldn't wait that long and just told them. Next time though... we'll do something fun! I like the prego idea.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Next time we announce, it will be number 9! I usually get a lot of teasing, and sometimes negative, reactions so I usually let the kids tell everyone else. I do like to surprise my husband though so I'm always trying to think of something funny. One time, he worked at a bank and I went to get him a DQ Blizzard and handed it through the Drive-Thru. I included the pregnancy test. It was funny because he couldn't reach me to hug me and couldn't say much because he was working...so he had to wait all afternoon for us to celebrate! :) I thought about hiding a (new and clean) pacifier in his mashed potatoes or something next time... :)

Thanks for the great ideas! This is my first visit to your blog. Come say hi on mine if you've got the time!

Sarah

 
At June 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Adminswife said...

My daughter-in-law made a puzzle. When we put it together, it said #2 on the way. Another time, she had the oldest in a onesie that said she was going to be a big sister. Each one of us read it, sat down and then it registered. She loved our responses. On the last one, she made a rebus. We couldn't figure that one out for the life of us. We finally gave up and said she must be pregnant. She finally laughed about that one. Sometimes, we are just slow.

 
At September 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

The first time, we got some baby bottles at the dollar store, had the prospective grandparents over for dinner, and served drinks in baby bottles.
The second time, we had our son wear a shirt that said "Big Brother in Training."

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home