<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Apple Tuna Melts

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Apple Tuna Melts


When I ate this for lunch today, I pretty much had an " A Ha" moment and mumbled " Wow, this is Amazing! "while my mouth was still full.  " A HA! "  I have found my new fall favorite.

If you read my blog, you know that I have been experimenting with low carb recipes all summer.  Cucumber subs and  Bell Pepper Scoop Chips and Tuna Ants on a Log and Zucchini Pizza cups.  

This is by far my favorite one!

One of my all time favorite fall combinations are apples paired with cheese.  Nice sharp cheddar cheese.  Today, I created something new for a spectacular light autumn lunch.

Apple Tuna Melts 

Ingredients 
* Apple Slices 
* Tuna Salad. Make it the way YOU make it!
* Cheddar Cheese. Or your favorite cheese  

1) Cut thin, flat apple slices.


2) Make Tuna Salad the way YOU make it!.  Everyone likes tuna salad a different way.  I am not going to be a boss and tell you how to make it!  ( but look. I put grapes in mine)









3) Cut some slices of Cheddar Cheese. 


4) Place a spoonful of tuna salad on each apple slice, followed by a slice of cheddar cheese.

5) Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes  or less.  You just want the cheese to melt.

The apple will cook a little bit. You still want your apple to remain mostly uncooked.  This way, your apple will be juicy and warm, but still crisp.



Yummm!!!


When you make this, you will love it!  . At the end, You may just want to repeat this process!   I am thinking that I also need to try this with chicken salad or carved turkey!

enjoy!

13 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Rasmussen Family said...

wow that sounds delicious and I'm hungry right now. I literally am going to make it! I would never thought to put it on an apple slice--much healthier than a bagel half! came over from ladybehindthecurtain and I'm excited to see more of your ideas

 
At September 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

let me know how your turned out!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

omg! that sounds wonderful!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I'm definitely going to try it as apple season gets into full swing.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds delicious Kristen. Uses all my favorite foods too.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds so delicious and healthy. Will try it soon.

 
At September 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

What a great idea to use Apple Slices instead of bread, these would be very good and good for you. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

I think this is SUCH a great way to enjoy tuna salad! Terrific idea. I've added apples to my tuna salad but this is much better and quicker. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At September 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will join in with others and say that I never thought of putting tuna on an apple! This looks really good, you would get the sweet from the apple and the sharp from the cheese! I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. Don't forget to come back on Sunday to vote!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

This sounds and looks so delicious! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from A Creative Princess. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

 
At September 16, 2012 at 9:17 PM , Blogger akawest said...

Yummy idea! I like the idea of using an apple instead of bread.

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Diane Balch said...

Genius is simple. Tuna melt on apple is so novel and seasonal and great for the palo and gluten free folks at my foodie friday party. Please stop by and share this recipe. I will pin it.

 
At October 1, 2012 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Diane Balch said...

Just to let you know I included this recipe in an apple roundup. I will be tweeting etc pining it this week.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home