<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Thanksgiving Leftover boxes

Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftover boxes


I feel so out of my blogging element, posting this Thanksgiving craft.  I have never been a blogger during Thanksgiving before.  I started Make the best of everything in 2011.  I had a baby on October 30th, 2011 so needless to say Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas crafts were neglected last year.

My husband and I have been married for 6 years.  For 5 of these years we have hosted Thanksgiving at our house  We usually have about 15-20 people, and I have ALWAYS worked on little crafts and games to make the day special for our guests.

One year I made homemade napkin rings.  Another year, I learned how to formally fold everyone's Thanksgiving napkin. Every year I have printed out formal menus.   Also, since we do have a crowd, I always come up with some sort of " I am Thankful" game to use as an ice breaker.  Fun times.

This year, I thought that making " Leftover" boxes for my guests would be a cute idea.  Because its true that EVERY YEAR I ask people to bring containers so they can bring home food.  and EVERY YEAR. I am left with too much Turkey and several pounds of mashed potatoes that I end up stuffing myself with.

I saw this idea on Pinterest.  Click here to find out where i got my inspiration for this project.


Making personalized Thanksgiving Leftover Boxes was easy.  You can purchase a 3 pack of leftover boxes at Wal Mart for .94 cents.  Super Duper Cheap.

Supplies needed 
- Leftover Boxes
- Cookie Cutter. Optional
- Scissors
- Ribbon
- Card Stock
- Hole Punch.

I traced a leaf using my leaf cookie cutter and cut it out.  I then decorated a little card using the leaf.


I want to let my guests know that its OK to bring home food. ( well hopefully they will want to bring it home) .  Handing each guest a leftover box with this card will hopefully resolve the shyness involved with taking some food home.


I then punched a hole through the leaf and tied it around the leftover box with ribbon.  I made it loose, so that the ribbon can easily slide off. Then, I wrote the names of my guests  on each leftover box.  I want to keep track of who in my family took leftovers home. and who didn't!!

( Ya hear that Dorothy, Celia and Jim?......My family members who are also faithful followers of my blog.)

I hope that this little extra something added to our Thanksgiving festivities will make the day all that more special.

Although a wonderful day filled with the Macy's parade, My mothers cooking ( Yes she does most of it), My mother in law's pumpkin pie, and spending time with the people I love is usually enough.  

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Although we are not celebrating thanksgiving neither in Greece nor in Dubai (where I live now), that's a great idea!!! Maybe this year!!
happy to find you!

 
At October 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is genius!!!

I am your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back and share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. :)
http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/10/flaunt-it-friday-18.html

Looking forward to more posts,
Sarah@
www.blissfulbucketlist.com

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home