<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Have your Girl Scout Cookies without all the calories!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Have your Girl Scout Cookies without all the calories!!


I LOVE Girl Scout cookies!! Peanut Butter Patties, Carmel Delights, Lemonades, oh yeah and Thin Mints.  I could eat Girl Scout Cookies all day.  Its probably a good thing that these amazing cookies only come out once a year!!



Girl Scout cookies are very high in fat ( like most cookies).   I came up with a way to get all the cookie flavor, without all the calories!!

I made my own Thin Mint Popcorn Sprinkle!!  Popcorn is low in calories, and you do not need to add much of my Thin Mint popcorn sprinkle to make a delightful treat!!

Here is How

1) Place about 10-12 Thin Mints into your food processor.



I added some Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa to the mixture. ( optional, but I recommend it )



I purchased a plastic bottle from the spice department of my local grocery store.  It cost me $1.69. 
I kind of made a cheesy label for this.  LOL this is optional. especially if you plan on gifting this, you may want to think of another slogan!



Here is what it looks like on the popcorn.  A healthy set very satisfying snack that tastes like Girl Scout Cookies!!! ( what more could you ask for?)  Especially if you use 0 calorie butter spray on it as well.



I hope you enjoy!  You can try other cookies as well. My only suggestion is to stay away from cookies that have a great amount of moisture in them.  Peanut Butter Patties may not make great popcorn sprinkle because it will clump. 


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Liberty said...

Mmmm!! Great idea!! Just wanted to let you know I made a puzzle for hubs, posted it on my blog, and linked to your puzzle post. Thanks for the FABULOUS inspiration!! You rock. :)
xxoo,
Liberty
Liberty Original

 
At February 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

As the mother of two Girl Scouts we will soon have far too many Thin Mints in this house. And I personally will eat far too many of them. I love this idea - the taste of the Thin Mint without all of the calories!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Look at you and your great idea! Let me tell you, I could down a box of Samoas in one sitting. I'll definitely be trying your idea!!
http://shannonsews.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Alberta said...

Interesting Idea. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

 
At February 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

very cute idea! love this!

 
At February 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE thin mints!!! What a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

What a great idea! It's got to be hard to watch them crumble like that, but think of the cute clothes you can fit into!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Crafty Carrie said...

Great idea. I am LOVE thin mints and eat a whole box in one sitting practically. I put them in the freezer thinking I wouln't eat them as fast but there better frozen. I am going to have to try your method Thanks

 
At February 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Jen said...

What a great idea! I am going to have to try this. Thank you for sharing at Fantastic Friday. I hope that you will join us again today!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home