<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Book of the month club!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Book of the month club!

If you are a reader of my blog, then you know that I LOVE giving homemade gifts! Especially for kids!

My cousin's little girl, Alayna,  recently celebrated her first birthday.  I wanted to give a cute gift, but also wanted it to be useful.

As a new mom myself,  I feel that books are always a wonderful gift for a baby.  While I was searching online  for gift ideas I stumbled upon " Book of the month clubs".  for babies and kids.  These " Book of the month" clubs were extremely expensive.  So I decided to make Alayna a semi homemade book of the month club kit for her birthday!

How to make a " Book of the month club" gift. 


1) Purchase 12 books.  I purchased these books on ebay, buying 12 new children's books in the store would add up.  When purchasing books on ebay, look for free shipping.  Otherwise shipping the books might cost just as much as the items you are purchasing.


2) Wrap each book individually, and indicate which day the recipient should open each book.



On each month. I glued on a symbol of that month.  For example, For June, I glued on a sun. 



3) Stack all the books in order and wrap up your gift. 

And THAT is how you make a " Book of the month" gift!  It is always nice for any child to receive a new book to read!


Labels:

12 Comments:

At May 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute idea! Something to keep looking forward to.

 
At May 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Shooting Stars Mag said...

Love this idea, since i'm a huge reader and love giving books to my own niece. I just pinned this!

-Lauren

 
At May 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Mama Peck said...

Great idea! As far as I'm concerned there just isn't a better gift than a good book..I love both giving and getting them. :)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Michele said...

What a great idea for a baby gift. I know your cousin loved Alayna getting it.

 
At May 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

This is a great idea!! Just posted on Craft Gossip!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=5983

 
At May 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM , Blogger Papgena Made It said...

I saw you on Craft Gossip and I think it's an amazing idea! I might use it sometime soon!!!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

This is such a cute idea! I discovered you on The Thrifty Home and I'm now following; I would appreciate it if you could follow back. Thanks

 
At May 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I just found your blog and I have to say "you are awesome"!! I have a notepad that is filled with all these great ideas for me to make for my kids and family. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with us. Your new loyal reader.

 
At June 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM , Blogger chillin with Quillin said...

what an awesome idea !!!!
Paula

 
At August 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Giselle said...

Amei sua idéia!!
Além de contribuir com cultura das crianças.
Parabéns pela idéia!
Abraços
Giselle

 
At August 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM , Blogger EphemeralMe said...

This is a great idea. I am adding this to my TO DO list. Thank you

 
At November 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Moriah Schairer said...

I did this for my sisters fro the Christmas this year. Very excited!!! :~D

http://homeontheeriecanal.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-countdown-day-48.html

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home