<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Pumpkin shaped carrots

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin shaped carrots



Pumpkin shaped carrots are an adorable way to get into the holiday spirit without overdosing on high fructose corn syrup!  They are a cute finishing touch to any wedding, shower, or get together that takes place during the fall!  And they just take a few minutes to make!

If you read my blog, then you know I have this thing about turning healthy food into fun shapes in order to celebrate holidays!   

During Valentines day 2011, when this blog was a baby. Literally just a few weeks old, I blogged about how my husband and I celebrated Valentines Day.

I had made these cute carrot hearts for our Valentines day salad.

Well anyway, to make a long story short. I decided to use the same idea, but to turn carrots into pumpkins to celebrate fall festivities!  Halloween or Thanksgiving.

How to make Pumpkin shaped carrots. 



1) Peel a Full sized carrot 
2) Make cuts in your carrot so that the end looks like a pumpkin. 



3) Once you have the carrot looking the way you want.  Cut slices of your carrot.  They will come out looking like little pumpkins. 



4) You may have to " Doctor" up a few of them. 



This is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables.  And a way to show off your Autumn spread.  The best part is, Is that is literally only takes 5 minutes to make these cute little pumpkins! I mean carrots.  Pumpkin carrots?




hope you enjoy!!!



16 Comments:

At October 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Amber @ A Cookie Family said...

LOVE! So cute!! We never have full size carrots at home, it seems they're always the baby ones... and that would be a lot of work for a baby carrot, but I'm thinking I might have to buy some full sized ones later this month!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger April's Homemaking said...

What a very cute idea! This would be such a cue salad for a fall buffet or potluck, thanks for sharing!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Tobins' Tastes said...

Cutest thing ever! Love, love, love this idea!

Kaylee
www.couponingncooking.com

 
At October 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank you so much for sharing your idea with us at Cast Party Wednesday! I hope you're haveing a GREAT week! ~Sheryl~

 
At October 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

How fun and so simple!
Would love for you to share this at my very first linky party. My sister and I are working together over at “Think Tank Thursday”…hope to see you there!
http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-1.html

 
At October 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristen,
Your Carrots are just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen

 
At October 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I found you through Flour me with Love. I would love for you to come share this on my Farm Girl Blog Fest. Very creative, I love it ! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-5.html

 
At October 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

So cute! I love this. I bet it would be great for kids.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so stinking cute! I think I will have to try this idea!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I would love it if you would link this recipe and others to Foodie Friends Friday. Find the party at my site on Friday! http://Feedinbig.blogspot.com

Now following your blog and facebook!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Bethany@http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/ said...

My kids would love if I made these. They are adorable.

 
At October 26, 2012 at 3:20 AM , Blogger gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Very Clever. Great Halloween Idea for something healthy!

 
At October 26, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Diane Balch said...

Just too cute... great for a Halloween party. Please share these on foodie friday today.

 
At October 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Erica (Irene) said...

What a great and cute idea...I'm making this for our Halloween dinner. thanks for sharing.

erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

 
At October 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Very clever! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday.

 
At October 28, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made heart carrots valentines too. Am loving your pumpkins.

 
At October 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM , Blogger megan {homemade ginger} said...

What a genius idea! I'll try anything to get the kids to eat their veggies. SO cute!
I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home