<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Election night Uncle Sammies

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Election night Uncle Sammies


Traditionally, I have always kept Politics a LONG way away from my blog.  I mean come on.  This is a place where I show you crafty food and fun gifts for kids.  You don't need to hear ANOTHER person's political opinions! ( besides.  I am sure you can get plenty of that on your Facebook page).

I must tell you though.  I am a bit of a politics junkie.  Did you know that my bachelors degree is in politics?  WHY yes it is!  Election season is a fun time for us, Nerdy Politics majors:) Would be even better if I could figure who to vote for!

I saw this idea of " Uncle Sammies" on Rachael Ray.  And thought my husband would really get a kick out of them!  Of course I doctored them up a bit by adding my own sandwich elements and added a cute Uncle Sam sandwich topper!

It actually only took a few minutes to throw these together!


I found a picture of Uncle Sam on google images and printed out 2 copies.  I am only making two of these.  As on election night it will just be my husband and I,  yelling at the T.V and perhaps having some friendly discussion between the two of us.  We don't need to expose anyone else to this martial bliss:)


I attached a craft stick onto each Uncle Sam sandwich topper.  I doctored up the sandwich topper a bit by making it say " I want you to eat".  I think "Uncle Sam" would be happy knowing we celebrate democracy in our house.


I then made my " Uncle Sammie" and tried to make it as patriotic a possible.  I attempted to add the colors of the American flag to elements of my sandwich.  ( your sandwich can be beef, pork or whatever you consider to be the most American)

This is actually a little burger slider.  Can't get more American then this!

White element- onion
Red element- tomato
Blue element- a blue tortilla chip.  Not your usual sandwich element, but nevertheless, blue.




I really liked the way these turned out.  We had these as we watched the debate the other night.  Yes, we watched the debate, ate these sandwiches and enjoyed each others company.  both yelled at the T.V at BOTH candidates.

Have a great election night!  Remember not all people in this world get to vote.  So vote! and enjoy it!  

6 Comments:

At October 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Hanunyah said...

We (my family) are kinda political "junkies", too :). We focus on the local level tho because we dislike both major candidates (now that Ron Paul is out).

Nice sliders, by the way.

 
At October 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

Fun recipe and great post!

 
At October 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Diane Balch said...

My husband is a political junkie he will get a kick out of these sandwiches. I wrote a post about voting recently that you might like: http://simplelivingdianebalch.blogspot.com/2012/10/simple-living-in-practice-just-vote.html

 
At October 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so cute! I would love to have you link up to Fall Into the Holidays-

http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/fall-into-the-holidays-6/

Katie @ Horrific Knits

 
At October 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristen,
This is a great Post! I love your signs and your Sammies look delicious. I want to come to your party! Hope you had a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
At November 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cute idea. We're political junkies but more focused on the local elections. We know for a fact, one vote does make a difference around here (we had an incumbent mayor lose by 1 vote a few years back) Voting is a privilege and we've been trying to educate our 15 year old son, to watch the debates, read the papers, think for himself and not listen to anything said on a commercial or facebook to form his own opinions.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home