<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Modge Podge Flower Pots

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Modge Podge Flower Pots


Look! a Pregnant Lady's perfect Saturday afternoon! a Modge Podge project and a Decaf Coffee Frappe!

But really, I made this for my mother in law in the beginning of July, and Mothers day was in May. Of course I can say that I thought of the idea in May, It just didn't happen right away.  

My In law's live on a wonderful organic Haven in Iowa!  They grow beautiful organic vegetables, they have fruit trees and fruit bushes, and they also have a wide variety of pretty plants all over their property!

I saw someone in " Blogland" during the spring who made Modge Podge Flower pots. I wanted to make them for my mother in law. Since her outdoor space is very  natural, I wanted to decorate them that way. 


I found some " natural" looking scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby.  and Modge Podged them onto the flower pots.



I did find it challenging to get the paper to Match up correctly around the pot. I just kept cutting the paper to make it look as nice as possible




This is the Rock Paper mixed with the Sky Paper.

I mixed the Wood paper with the grass paper



Wa La! Finished product!



Labels:

9 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Its A Blog Party said...

What a wonderful gift, I'm sure your Mother-in-Law loves them. Thanks for sharing on Show-Me-How.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so pretty - I love the natural papers, they really add something!!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Tanya Anurag said...

They look great. Very neat! The rock paper is stuck so perfectly that I first thought that you had actually put in some pebbles. Thanks for sharing.

I am hosting my first link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. See ya at the party.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

 
At August 9, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Karima said...

They look great, I like using sticky back plastic for covering things, modge podge is on my list of things to do!.Now google friend following you. Would love it if you could pop by and would love it if you could follow me too, Karima x www.karimascrafts.com

 
At August 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Sam Findlay said...

These look really good! And hey, better late than never!!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the rock and wood paper! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Blogger DeeDee said...

Awesome idea! I bet she loved them! :)

 
At August 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Maria said...

do you need to "seal" them with some type of varnish or something so they don't fade in the sun? They are soooo cool!

Thanks!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Inspired By June said...

Very nice, Kristen! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home