<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: English Scones with Royal wedding themed toppers!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

English Scones with Royal wedding themed toppers!

I am so excited about the upcoming nuptials between Prince William and Kate Middleton!  I am going to have my DVR running all day!

I came up with a cute appetizer/snack you can make for the big event, along with some "English themed toppers" to help educate your guests about English culture. 



I LOVE England. Visiting England was one of my favorite trips ever!

Here are some of the "English themed Toppers I came up with.

1) English " telephone box"topper.- I made this topper using craft foam and a sharpie.
2) English " Fish and Chips" topper.-  I used this topper using craft foam.
3) English " Broach" topper.- This was a piece of cardboard decorated with jewels I had laying around.



4) The " Will and Kate" tea topper.- I covered the tea  label with a craft foam" Will and Kate Label" and wrote their names with puffy paint.
5) The "English Rose" topper.- Made with craft foam.
6). The " All you need is Love"  Beatles T- shirt topper.-r Made with computer graphics, craft foam and puffy paint.







THEN. I made a simple English Scone Recipe that I found online


I added LOTS of raisins. I LOVE raisins cooked in things.



Rolled out the dough, and cut out circles using a small glass.



Brush the scones lightly with egg wash. and bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.



Serve with Butter and jam. Red plum jam is my favorite!



Hope you enjoy!


Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

What a fab idea!

I always forget that the rest of the world is interested in the goings on in our little country over here!

If you served the scones with clotted cream (whipping cream also works) and jam then a pot of tea you'd have a gorgeous 'cream tea' which are very popular in the U.K. We like to think it's only tourists who have cream teas but we take the opportunity ourselves whenever we visit a tea room!

Personally I would have them every Wednesday afternoon if I could....no particular reason, I just like Wednesdays!

Anyway, sorry to clutter your comments!
Samantha x

 
At April 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love scones but I have never attempted to make them!! This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY! Entries must be in by tonight and the winner will be announced tomorrow morning!!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger laxsupermom said...

Love scones! Your toppers are so cute! Do you have plans on getting up super early to watch the full coverage? Serving these at a viewing party would be fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdayslinkup party and would love for you to share a project or thrifty find from before blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home